Sunday, September 21, 2008

Austin City Limits: 2007 Recap.

I can feel it. The air in Austin is starting to become electric...or is it the glow coming from Zilker Park as the production folks set up the stages? Yes, folks, I'm talking about the ever-so-exciting Austin City Limits music festival! In five short days our little city will be filled with musicians and fans alike to see one of the best festivals around. And I'm pumped.

Let's recap ACL 2007 - I had just moved to the city to begin grad school at UT and I was ready for a festival! Jeff, my man, and I got one day passes for the Sunday shows - the three day passes sold out pretty quick. No bueno. But, we did get to see Bob Dylan, which was breathtaking and tearful at the same time. What a great feeling to be in the vicinity of a legend, but his voice was so scratchy from years of smoking and singing. We also got to see a few more favorites: Bloc Party, Ben Kweller, Regina Spektor, My Morning Jacket, etc. I was in heaven and it was just a reinforcement that this is the industry for me to work in. Some photos for you to check out.






In the upcoming posts you'll get to learn all about ACL 2008, which I'm going to actually be a part of. My summer internship with C3 Presents has led me to work with the bands I'm helping manage: What Made Milwaukee Famous, Black Joe Lewis and the Heartless Bastards. I'm going to go around with my boss, Megan, to make sure our bands make the press interviews they're scheduled for. Check back often - this year's show will be pretty amazing and I'm going to tell all about it!

No comments: